Date: March 30, 2023
1. Data protection at a glance General information
The following information provides a simple overview of what happens to your personal data when you visit this website.
Data collection on this website
Who is responsible for data collection on this website?
How do we collect your data?
Your data is collected by you providing the information. This may include data that you enter into a contact form, for example. Other data is automatically or with your consent collected by our IT systems when you visit the website. These are mainly technical data (e.g. internet browser, operating system, or time of page access). This data is automatically collected as soon as you enter this website.
What do we use your data for?
Some of the data is collected to ensure the error-free provision of this website. Other data may be used to analyze your user behavior.
What rights do you have regarding your data?
You have the right to receive free information about the origin, recipient, and purpose of your stored personal data at any time. You also have the right to demand the correction or deletion of your data.
If you have given your consent to data processing, you can revoke this consent at any time for the future. Additionally, you have the right to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data under certain circumstances. Furthermore, you have a right to complain to the responsible supervisory authority about any data protection issues. For this and other questions regarding data protection, do not hesitate to contact us.
This website is hosted by an external service provider (hoster). The personal data collected on this website is stored on the servers of the hoster. This may include IP addresses, contact requests, meta and communication data, contract data, contact details, names, website accesses, and other data generated by a website. Our use of the hoster is for the purpose of fulfilling our contractual obligations to potential and existing customers (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b GDPR) and in the interest of a secure, fast, and efficient provision of our online services by a professional provider (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR). Our hoster will only process your data to the extent necessary to fulfill its contractual obligations and will follow our instructions with respect to such data.
We use the following hoster:
Rohnen Systems GmbH
Hoher Kamp 2
Contract data processing agreement
We have concluded a contract data processing agreement with our hoster to ensure that data is processed in a manner that complies with data protection regulations.
3. General information and mandatory information
Responsible entity notice The entity responsible for data processing on this website is:
Bioservice Nord GmbH
Heinfelder Straße 4
Represented by the managing directors: Arndt von der Lage, Bernd Goldenstein
Tel.: +49 (0) 4405-2380000
The responsible entity is the natural or legal person who alone or jointly with others decides on the purposes and means of processing personal data (e.g. names, e-mail addresses, etc.).The responsible party is the natural or legal person who alone or jointly with others decides on the purposes and means of processing personal data (e.g. names, email addresses, etc.).
Contact details of the Data Protection Officer
Data Protection Officer Matthias Wöstemeyer
Notice regarding data transfer to the US and other third-party countries
Tools from companies based in the US or other third-party countries that may not offer adequate data protection may be incorporated on our website. If these tools are active, your personal data may be transferred to and processed in these third-party countries. We would like to inform you that these countries may not guarantee the same level of data protection as the EU. For example, US companies are required to disclose personal data to security authorities without you as a data subject having the right to take legal action against this. Therefore, it cannot be excluded that US authorities (e.g. intelligence agencies) may process, evaluate and store your data located on US servers for surveillance purposes. We have no influence on these processing activities.
Withdrawal of your consent to data processing
Many data processing operations are only possible with your express consent. You may revoke your consent at any time. The legality of processing carried out prior to the revocation is unaffected by this.
Right of objection to data collection in specific cases and to direct advertising (Art. 21 GDPR)
Right to complain to a supervisory authority
In the event of violations of the GDPR, data subjects have a right to complain to a supervisory authority, particularly in the member state of their habitual residence, place of work, or place of the alleged violation. This right of complaint is without prejudice to other administrative or judicial remedies.
Right to data portability
You have the right to have data, which we process automatically based on your consent or in fulfillment of a contract, handed over to you or to third parties. It is provided in a machine-readable format. If you request direct transfer of the data to another responsible party, this will only be done if it is technically feasible.
Information, deletion, and corrections
Under applicable legal regulations, you have the right to free information about your stored personal data, their origin and recipient, and the purpose of data processing, as well as a right to rectification or deletion of this data. For this and further questions regarding personal data, you can contact us at any time.
Right to restriction of processing
You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data. You can contact us at any time to assert this right. The right to restrict the processing exists in the following cases:
- If you contest the accuracy of your personal data that we have saved, we will generally need time to verify this claim. During this time, you have the right to request that the processing of your personal data be restricted.
- If the processing of your personal data was/is unlawful, you may request the restriction of data processing, instead of their deletion. If we no longer need your personal data, but you need them in order to exercise, defend or assert legal claims, you have the right to demand that we limit the processing of your personal data instead of deleting it.
- If you have filed an objection pursuant to Art. 21 (1) GDPR, a balance must be struck between your interests and ours. As long as it has not yet been determined whose interests prevail, you have the right to demand a restriction on the processing of your personal data.
- If you have restricted the processing of your personal data, they may – with the exception of storage – only be processed with your consent or for the purpose of exercising, defending, or protecting rights or safeguarding the rights of another natural or legal person or for reasons of important public interest of the European Union or a Member State.
SSL or TLS encryption
For security reasons and to protect the transmission of confidential content, such as orders or inquiries that you send to us as a website operator, this site uses SSL or TLS encryption. You can recognize an encrypted connection by the fact that the address line of the browser changes from "http://" to "https://" and by the lock symbol in your browser line. When SSL or TLS encryption is activated, the data you transmit to us cannot be read by third parties.
4. Data collection on this website
- Cookies Our website uses so-called "cookies". Cookies are small text files that do not cause any damage to your end device. They are either stored temporarily for the duration of a session (session cookies) or permanently (permanent cookies) on your end device. Session cookies are automatically deleted when you leave our website. Permanent cookies remain stored on your end device until you delete them yourself or automatic deletion is carried out by your web browser. Third-party cookies may also be stored on your end device when you visit our website. These enable us or you to use certain services of the third-party company (e.g. cookies for processing payment services). Cookies serve various functions. Numerous cookies are technically necessary, as certain website functions would not work without them (e.g. the shopping cart function or the display of videos). Other cookies are used to evaluate user behavior or display advertising. Cookies that are necessary for the electronic communication process (necessary cookies) or to provide certain functions requested by you (functional cookies, e.g. for the shopping cart function) or to optimize the website (e.g. cookies for measuring web audiences) are stored based on Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR, unless another legal basis is specified.
The website operator has a legitimate interest in storing cookies for the technically error-free and optimized provision of its services. If consent has been requested for the storage of cookies, the storage of the relevant cookies will only be carried out on the basis of this consent (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR); the consent can be revoked at any time. You can set your browser so that you are informed about the setting of cookies and only allow cookies in individual cases, exclude the acceptance of cookies for certain cases or in general, and activate the automatic deletion of cookies when closing the browser. If cookies are deactivated, the functionality of this website may be limited. If third-party cookies or cookies for analysis purposes are used, we will inform you separately in the context of this data protection declaration and, if necessary, ask for your consent.
Server log files
The provider of the pages automatically collects and stores information in so-called server log files, which your browser automatically transmits to us. These are:
- browser type and browser version
- operating system used
- referrer URL
- hostname of the accessing computer
- time of the server request
- IP address This data is not merged with other data sources.
The collection of this data is based on Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR. The website operator has a legitimate interest in the technically error-free presentation and optimization of its website - for this purpose, the server log files must be collected.
If you contact us via the contact form, your information from the inquiry form, including the contact details you provided there, will be stored by us for the purpose of processing the inquiry and in case of follow-up questions. We do not pass on this data without your consent. The processing of this data is based on Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b GDPR, if your inquiry is related to the performance of a contract or is necessary for the implementation of pre-contractual measures. In all other cases, processing is based on our legitimate interest in the effective processing of the inquiries addressed to us (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR) or on your consent (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR) if this has been requested. The data you enter in the contact form will remain with us until you request us to delete it, revoke your consent to storage or the purpose for data storage no longer applies (e.g. after your request has been processed). Mandatory legal provisions - in particular retention periods - remain unaffected. Inquiry by e-mail, telephone or fax If you contact us by e-mail, telephone or fax, your request including all resulting personal data (name, request) will be stored and processed by us for the purpose of processing your request. We do not pass on this data without your consent. The processing of this data is based on Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b GDPR, if your inquiry is related to the performance of a contract or is necessary for the implementation of pre-contractual measures. In all other cases, processing is based on our legitimate interest in the effective processing of the inquiries addressed to us (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR) or on your consent (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR) if this has been requested.
The data sent to us by contact requests remain with us until you request us to delete it, revoke your consent to storage or the purpose for data storage no longer applies (e.g. after your request has been processed). Mandatory legal provisions - in particular legal retention periods - remain unaffected.
5. Social networks