6. Conversion of the food waste into biogas at the biogas plant
7. Processing of the biogas and injection into the natural gas network or production of electricity from the biogas and feed-in into the electricity grid
8. Usage of the excess heat generated during this process for wood drying, heating of residential and commercial buildings, etc.
9. Transport of the organic, low-energy residues from the biogas plant to be used as fertilizer in agriculture
10. Cleaning of the bins, containers, and packaging
11. Return of the cleaned bins into the waste collection cycle